State Government support for businesses affected by Tasman Highway closure
The Tasmanian State Government has announced a critical support grant for businesses impacted by the closure of the Tasman Highway for remedial work at Paradise Gorge near Orford. Applications open on 11 June 2021 at 12 pm and close on 23 June 2021 pm.
- Must be an active business, accessible via the Tasman Highway and located south of the Lake Leake road or in (or must contribute to the supply chain through the delivery of essential goods and services in and out of) one of the following towns:
- Little Swanport
- Be registered for tax purposes in Australia and hold an ABN since on or before 31 March 2021.
- Be able to demonstrate direct impact on the business by the closure of the Tasman Highway.
- Be able to demonstrate an annual turnover of $50,000 excluding GST for 2018-19 or 2019-20. New businesses need to demonstrate indicative turnover would have exceeded this amount.
- Be able to provide a copy of the latest BAS lodged with the ATO or, if not registered for GST, the latest income tax return lodged.
The grant is made up of a base amount of $2,500 for any business meeting the above criteria. There are additional amounts for those who can demonstrate a 30% downturn and those with employees. The maximum grant available is $25,000 but the amounts received by businesses will be dependent on actual amounts of financial loss and numbers of full-time equivalent employees.
The grant is administered by the Department of State Growth. At the bottom of this page, please see links to the Department’s web page for further information. WLF are of course ready to assist should you need us.
WLF Accounting & Advisory, supporting Tasmanians to move forward through challenging times.