Every business is looking for an edge – something that sets them apart from the competition and sets them up for success. It might be an undiscovered efficiency, an untapped opportunity or even a risk avoided. It could just be getting the day-to-day essentials right.
Tasmania’s private businesses are the hub of our community. As locals ourselves we understand the business landscape and want to help make Tasmania a better place. We love supporting inspired business owners to reach their full potential and achieve meaningful change.
Whatever size your business is, we’re passionate about connecting you to the expertise you need, when you need it. So set us a challenge – talk to us about where you are now and where you’d like to be in the future, and we’ll bring together the right team to move you forward.
Starting a new business
Starting a new business is an exciting time, but it can also be overwhelming. We’ll work with you every step of the way to make sure your business is set up right from the start.
- Buying a business and due diligence
- Structuring advice and set up
- Accounting software advice
- Loans and lending
Managing your essential accounting needs
Good foundations set your business up for success. Our customised accounting solutions will help you meet your financial obligations without any stress or worry, letting you concentrate on what you do best.
- Annual and periodic financial statements
- Bookkeeping service
- Australian Tax Office (ATO) compliance obligations including tax returns, Business Activity Statements (BAS) and Instalment Activity Statement (IAS)
- Set up and training for accounting platforms including Xero, MYOB, Reckon Accounts and Quickbooks
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) corporate compliance
- Payroll and superannuation administration
Cloud accounting solutions
Cloud accounting solutions can boost your business, increase efficiency in your operations and provide you with more time to focus on what you do best. The products change regularly with various enhancements and it is important you have an advisor who can help you to navigate these.
Growing your business
Sharing powerful insights is one of the most rewarding ways we can develop your business and increase your profit. Our in-depth understanding of the Tasmanian business sector will help you take every opportunity to maximise your business’ potential.
- Business performance reviews, reporting and key performance indicators
- Cash flow projections and budgeting
- Cloud accounting solutions
- Virtual Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Culture and strategy reviews
- Strategic and business planning
- Industry benchmarking
- Secondments during temporary vacancies
- Government funding applications including grants
Managing and minimising tax
No one likes paying any more tax that they need to. Our dedicated tax specialists can help you navigate the complex regulatory environment to ensure your obligations are met and your outcomes are optimised.
- Tax returns
- Salary packaging
- GST and Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) optimisation
- Payroll tax
- Research and development concessions
- Small business capital gains tax concessions
- Tax risk reviews
- International taxes
- ATO liaison
Protecting your business, family and assets
You can’t completely eradicate risk, but you can certainly minimise it. We look at the big picture to fully understand your environment so we can ensure all the things you value are safe.
- Asset protection review
- Internal and external audit
- Business restructuring reviews
- Litigation support
- Process and governance reviews
Finding a successor for your business
There’s no such thing as one-size-fits all when it comes to planning the future of your business. We’ll listen to your personal and business goals to make sure your hard-earned success leads to the best possible outcome.
- Preparing your business for sale
- Business valuation
- Succession planning
- Estate planning
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) minimisation
Human Resources support
WLF have partnered with hranywhere, a HR consultancy company operating out of Melbourne to offer our clients HR technical support whenever they need it. hranywhere are able to provide a complete range of HR services including technical process support, forms, policies, advice and the list goes on!
Pricing for private business
Like everything we do, we customise our offering to suit your exact needs. The first consultation is free so we can get to know each other. Our flexible pricing structures offer a variety of options including a fixed price for an agreed scope of services, monthly instalments and hourly rates.