Specialist Tax Advisory
Claire is a Director within our highly specialised tax advisory division, advising clients on a broad range of complex taxation issues and assisting them in navigating the complicated tax system. She thoroughly enjoys uncovering and translating the intricacies of tax legislation for her clients. Her breadth of knowledge, attention to detail and commitment to professional development ensures her clients receive comprehensive advice that they can understand and rely on.
Claire has a particular interest in working with not-for-profit entities and charities, where her expertise in legislation, fringe benefit tax law provides invaluable guidance and support to her clients.
Highly skilled in the preparation of tax effect accounting entries and disclosures for large corporates, Claire also has extensive experience in the preparation and review of annual income tax returns and Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) returns for a range of entities including large corporates and small businesses.
Claire also has eight years’ experience working within a family run small business while undertaking her university degrees. This affords her a strong insight into the challenges faced by many small businesses.
In 2018 Claire was recognised by The Taxation Institute of Australia with the award for Dux of the Chartered Tax Advisor course specialising in capital gains tax concessions for small businesses.
Key areas of expertise
- Charities, not-for-profits and income tax exempt entities including Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) and compliance advice
- Fringe Benefits Tax compliance advice and preparation of returns
- Small business concessions
- Income and capital gains tax including tax effect accounting
- Restructuring and rollovers
- GST and other indirect taxes
- Employee share schemes
- ATO audits and disputes
- Wine Equalisation Tax (WET) rebates and excise
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) – University of Tasmania
- Master of Professional Accounting – University of Tasmania
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA)
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA), The Taxation Institute of Australia
- Awarded Dux of the Chartered Tax Advisor course by The Tax Institute in 2018
To contact Claire phone 03 6223 6155 or email [email protected]