Have you recently graduated with an accounting degree? Or are you currently studying an UG or PG degree with an accounting major? The WLF Graduate Accountant Program provides the opportunity to build a career with a leading Tasmanian accounting and advisory firm.
We still have a number of positions available for our next intake, with employment commencing in February 2024. Applications will continue to be accepted until the roles are filled, so be sure to get in quickly. Read on for more information on the program and how to apply.
What do you need to include in your application?
Our people are our greater assets, they look after our clients. So we want to employ the best. Please ensure you include the following in your application, so we can see your strengths, experience, and skills. If your application doesn’t include the below information we are unlikely to consider you for an interview.
- curriculum vitae
- academic transcript
- two referees with contact telephone and email details
- a brief covering letter, no more than 400 words describing how your experience is relevant to our needs and why you’re the best candidate
- a copy of your IELTS or PTE results and current visa status, if you’re an international student
WLF has a long-standing reputation for excellent client service. It’s important to us that our team members have the same commitment and want to work with clients to provide solutions that will help them move forward. If the following sounds like you, we encourage you to submit an application.
- in the final year or 18 months of an undergraduate or postgraduate degree with an Accounting major, or
- recently graduated with a Bachelor of Business (Accounting major) or a Master of Professional Accounting
- a commitment to excellent customer service
- IT savvy, confident and interested in working with technology for your firm and clients
- business experience and skills, gained through casual work, a previous career or voluntary placements
- skills in data analysis, and an aptitude for delivering solutions
- self-motivated with initiative and life skills, gained through being engaged with work, clubs or your community
- a great team player who is reliable and communicates well
We particularly welcome applications from anyone holding a double degree with an Accounting major.
Applicants for our Graduate Accountant Program must have permanent residency and be able to work in Australia. Further information for international students is available here.
WLF Accounting & Advisory is a proudly Tasmanian firm with a foundation of delivering the highest standard of service to our clients for 130 years. We have more than 80 staff and 11 Partners delivering specialist services across all areas of accounting and advisory.
Working at WLF is more than a job – as part of our team you will be exposed to the many specialisations of the accounting profession, you'll enjoy a flexible work environment with supportive colleagues and ongoing professional development.
We are a registered training employer of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and we support our Graduate Accountants through completing a CA qualification – we pay for the course fees and study materials upfront, offer paid study leave for each module and even pay you to attend our in-house tutorials.
How to apply
Applications for our 2024 Graduate Accountant intake are ongoing until all positions are filled.
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? If so, we invite you to apply. Please submit your application at the link below and ensure it includes all details outlined above.