We are excited to launch our new WLF Bookkeeper Cadetship Program, which is now open for expressions of interest.
This program provides the opportunity to join Tasmania's leading accounting and advisory firm, working in our Business and Personal Advisory division on a varied range of tasks, while gaining practical experience and professional growth in the bookkeeping field.
About the program
Our Bookkeeper Cadetship Program has been developed specifically for TAFE students enrolled in Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, which is now delivered online.
We are offering a number of positions in program for successful applications to commence in late-March 2024, with the option for part-time and full-time employment.
- Full time: 5 days per week
- Part time: 3 days per week (0.6 FTE) for the duration of your study to complete Certificate IV, moving to a full-time position upon attainment of qualification
About the role
In this role you will work both independently and as part of a team to provide support and services for our diverse and valued client base. Your responsibilities will include:
- Financial record-keeping
- Accounts receivable/payable
- Payroll support
- Financial reporting
- BAS reporting
- Financial compliance
- Client support
- Data entry and analysis
- Record retention
- and more.
A copy of the position description can be downloaded here.
You can download a copy of our WLF careers brochure here.
- Enrolled in and undertaking study towards Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Developing understanding of bookkeeping principles and practices
- Developing organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong numerical and data entry skills with high attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills to interact with clients and colleagues
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to address discrepancies and resolve issues effectively
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
Expressions of interest
To submit an expression of interest to join our Bookkeeping Cadetship Program you will need to provide:
- A cover letter outlining your interest and suitability, and also indicating whether you are seeking a full-time or part-time position
- A copy of your resume, with two references
You can submit your expression of interest by clicking on the link below, or by emailing [email protected].
Expression of interest are open from 13 February and close at midnight on 3 March 2024.
If you have any questions or require further information, please email us at [email protected].