If you’re currently studying or have recently completed year 12, and are ready to embark on a career as an accountant, we invite you to apply for our Undergraduate Accountant Cadetship Program.
The program was established in 2006 and has provided a career launchpad for many young Tasmanians. Our cadets benefit from:
- a full-time position with a leading Tasmanian accounting and advisory firm, working with a variety of clients including ASX listed businesses, not-for-profit organisations, SMEs, individuals and families
- a competitive salary
- paid time off to attend lectures, tutorials and exams while studying a degree in accounting at the University of Tasmania
- the benefit of gaining real time professional experience while studying
- a number of undergraduate colleagues, and recent graduates, who can share their experience with you
- the potential to attend spring, summer and winter schools at UTAS, so you can finish your degree in the most efficient way possible
- access to a professional development program that will empower you to build your career now and into the future
- the chance to work with industry leading technology, including the latest cloud accounting systems
- a network of supportive colleagues, and the chance to participate in social club activities
- the opportunity to work with a firm that has been built on a reputation for excellence in serving and supporting Tasmanian businesses and individuals for almost 130 years
How do I apply?
Applications for our 2024 Undergraduate Cadetship Program have recently closed. Our next intake will be for positions commencing in February 2025, and applications for these roles will open in September 2024.
When submitting an application for our Undergraduate Cadetship Program you will be asked to provide the following:
- Letter addressing your interest in the role
- Copy of resume / CV
- Copy of your Year 11 school results
- Copy of Year 12 mid-year results
- IELTS Results (if applicable)
- Name and contact details of two referees (these may be from part-time work, volunteering, sporting clubs or school teachers)
How can I find out more?
We encourage you to view the video below where Oscar Neale and Leah Johnston share their experiences of commencing their careers in 2023 as part of our Cadetship Program. You can also see more videos from recent Cadet Accountants on our YouTube channel.
Our team often visit schools to chat with Accounting classes, so have a chat to your teacher or Career Counsellor who may have some more information for you too.
If you have any enquiries you can also contact [email protected]
APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN IN SEPTEMBER 2024
- Applications are open to year 12 students who have studied, or are studying, pre-tertiary Accounting. We will also accept applications from people who have recently completed year 12, with pre-tertiary accounting.
- All applicants must have permanent residency and be able to work in Australia.